Thursday, September 18, 2008

At the Zoo



My husband and I decided this morning that we would take a trip to the zoo (our first in probably more than 15 years). We "thought" that because school was in session and all that it would be leisurely (wrong), there were children and their parents everywhere (and these were school aged children).......we wondered why they weren't in school instead of at the zoo.
Let me add that I took just shy of 700 photos in about 2.5 hours - LOL.
As always, you can click on any photo to look at it enlarged.



This bird's picture was taken through fencing if it looks blurry but I loved the odd color of it's feathers being turquoise.


This bird was scarry looking, it sat in a corner and looked almost like a odd owl.



















5 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, cool pictures! Sounds like you two had fun. I've always liked going to the zoo too.

gLoR!e said...

i miss to visit zoo..it's nice to see those animals..:)

Bridget said...

I love the zoo! Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I like the flamingoes. A photo buddy and I plan to visit the zoo for some photoshoot soon and your post is a reminder :)

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Great photos! So glad I found your blog. your cat is beautiful and should be on a cat food cereal bag as a spokes-kitty!